Areas of specialization
Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry
Founder and Director, Duzen Laboratories Group (1976 – present)
Founder and Director, Laleli Olive and Olive oil Establishment (1996 – present)
Founder and Director, Duzen-Norwest Food, Environment and Veterinary Laboratories (1998 – present)
Dr. Laleli graduated from the Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine in 1964 and later completed his residency training in Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry at the Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1967. Dr. Laleli held assistantship and instructor positions at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Nuclear Medicine between 1968 and 1971. Dr. Laleli became a Faculty Member in Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry at the Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1972 and he also completed an additional residency in Nuclear Medicine in 1974 at the same institution. In 1977, Dr. Laleli had been awarded a full professorship in Nuclear Medicine and later in 1997 in Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry.
Prof. Laleli held teaching positions as a visiting professor at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine (1979-1984), Gazi University Faculty of Medicine Department of Radiobiology (1983), and Marmara University Faculty of Medicine Department of Radiobiology and Nuclear Medicine (1986-1992). He gave consultancy to Istanbul International Hospital and Istanbul Acıbadem Hospital. He also acted as a Consultant in Nuclear Medicine to the Turkish Ministry of Health.
Vice President, Board of Trustees, Turkish Educational Foundation (2012 – present)
Member, Board of Trustees, Turkish Educational Foundation (1992 – present)
Editor in Chief, Turkish Journal of Biochemistry (1997-1999; 2005 – present)
Member, Mirror Committee for ISO TC 212 Clinical Laboratory Testing and in vitro Diagnostic Test Systems (2005 – present)
Member, Mirror Committee for ISO TC 215 Health Informatics (2008 – present)
Member, Advisory Committee for the International Olive Council (IOC) (2008 – present)
Prof. Laleli has more than 50 international publications in research areas including Clinical Biochemistry, Hematology, Nuclear Medicine, Microbiology, and Olive Oil Industry. Few selected publications covering last decade are given below.
- Karakaya A, Laleli Y, Takac S. Development of process conditions for biodegradation of raw olive mill wastewater by Rhodotorula glutinis. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation 75:75-82, 2012.
- Ceyhan M, Yildirim I, Ferraris O, Bouscambert-Duchamp M, Frobert E, Uyar N, Tezer H, Oner AF, Buzgan T, Torunoglu MA, Ozkan B, Yilmaz R, Kurtoglu MG, Laleli Y, Badur S, Lina B. Serosurveillance study on transmission of H5N1 virus during a 2006 avian influenza epidemic. Epidemiol Infect. 2010 Sep;138(9):1274-80.
- Laleli Y. Evaluation of laboratory tests according to quality expectations. Clin Biochem. 2009 Mar;42(4-5):307.
- Dolek B, Eraslan S, Eroglu S, Kesim BE, Ulutin T, Yalciner A, Laleli YR, Gozükirmizi N. Molecular analysis of factor V Leiden, factor V Hong Kong, factor II G20210A, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T, and A1298C mutations related to Turkish thrombosis patients. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2007 Oct;13(4):435-8.
- Taskin G, Yilmaz Sipahi E, Yildirimkaya M, Nadirler F, Halloran M, Ayoglu FN, Laleli Y. Plasma total homocysteine levels in a healthy Turkish population sample. Acta Cardiol. 2006 Feb;61(1):35-42.
- Laleli YR, Oktem M. External quality assessment scheme by private laboratories in Turkey. Hematology. 2005;10 Suppl 1:143-50.
- Ozmert EN, Yurdakok K, Soysal S, Kulak-Kayikci ME, Belgin E, Ozmert E, Laleli Y, Saracbasi O. Relationship between physical, environmental and sociodemographic factors and school performance in primary school children. J Trop Pediatr. 2005 Feb;51(1):25-32.
- Baykal T, Karaaslan I, Gokcay G, Demir F, Laleli Y, Demirkol M. Hyperhydroxyprolinaemia detected in newborn screening with tandem mass spectrometry. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2004;27(6):781-2. PubMed PMID: 15617190.
- Can F, Demirbilek M, Erdem B, Ciftci U, Tunaoglu M, Laleli Y. A purulent pericarditis caused by Salmonella typhimurium. J Med Microbiol. 2004 Oct;53(Pt 10):1051-2.